Updated: minutes, financials and reports added
Brooklyn Scout Group held its AGM on Sunday evening, reporting on a fantastic year of activities and development across all the sections of the Group: Keas, Cubs, Scouts and Venturers.
Highlights of 2011 included:
- Keas starting their new Badge and Awards program with a vengeance
- Cubs number swelling, and enjoying a fantastic camp
- Scouts cycling from the Rimutaka incline to Saywells, tramping around Lake Waikaremoana
Importantly, the AGM voted to hold subscription charges at 2009 levels – this recognises the challenging economic times, but also the fact that subscriptions only cover around 50% of our running costs. The Group will continue to rely on fantastic fund-raising efforts, and the support of parents / caregivers.
Looking forward, the AGM attendees were keen to provide an increased level of support to the Leaders. To this effect, it was resolved to setup a Parents Committee to work with the Leaders. The initial Members of this Committee are:
- Chris Ewers (Cub Parent)
- Donald Clark (Cub Parent)
- Erina Papp (Scout Parent)