Recruitment is underway for the next Chair of Scouts NZ to take over in March 2013.
It’s a 3 year, unpaid, position, with on average 10 hours per month commitment (personally, I’d reckon at least 2 days!).
See the Appoint website detail, or call Peter McLaren on 04 4991069
Desired attributes are:
- Proven experience as a Director and/or Chairman
- Proven ability to mentor the skills and capabilities of a new, dynamic and vibrant CEO – an opportunity to make a real difference
- A thorough understanding of good governance practices in the Not-for-Profit sector
- Have knowledge of and success in areas such as fiscal overview, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning
- Has had success in working closely and constructively with the diverse views of a volunteer workforce
- Knowledge and experience of Scouting in New Zealand is desirable as is the need to understand the needs of a large membership organisation
- Has an awareness of, and real interest in youth development
- Excellent communication and be able to liaise with the volunteer leaders who actually deliver Scouting.