We meet on a Thursday from 7-9pm at the Brooklyn Scout Hall during school term.
The Endeavour Venturers Unit comprises youth members from the Brooklyn, Island Bay, Kelburn and Eastern Bays Scout Groups (plus anyone else who wants to join!).
Contact one of our Venturer leaders for more information.
We’re looking forward to a great 2017! During the past few years, we have managed to do a whole heap, including:
- Golf Driving range
- Tramp to Powell Hut (click here for pics and info)
- Camps (Saywell’s, Brookfield) (link to our end of year camp at Brookfield here)
- Paintball War with Ngaio & Viaduct (what a great night that was!)
- A trip on the Police Launch in Wellington Harbour
- Ice-skating night (click here for pics)
- Volunteering to help renovate Brookfield Campsite
- Queen’s Birthday tramp to Makino Hut in the Kaweka Range (click here for pics)
- “Fun with Forms”: check out the photos here from 2014 or here from 2016
- Playing Poker at Macca’s on the night of the huge storm…
- Achieving our “Silver” expression module: Jackson Pollock painting evening + Te Papa
- Getting taught rifle shooting
- Having a ‘McFormal’, in which we dress in formal-wear and go to McDonald’s for dinner
- Going on a first diving course in an indoor pool
- Getting a few of our Venturers to Caving School (pictures here)
- Dressing up in drag, because why not.
- Visiting the indoor trampoline park in Porirua
- Tramping to Sunrise Hut
- Helping out with the rejuvenation of the scout hall (see the progress here! )
- Getting lost on many a ‘Penny hike’
- Self defense course
- Discovering an ice skating rink and going ice skating (check out the pictures here)
We’ve had a blast, and there’s lots more to come – check out the activity plan here.
Welcome also to our newest members…we hope you’re enjoying yourselves!