As a non-profit organisation, Brooklyn Scouts relies on the goodwill and support of the community. The time, energy and commitment of our parents and caregivers of our youth members are vital.
There are many ways to get involved and help ensure New Zealand’s oldest scout group continues to have an amazing impact on the youth of Brooklyn.
All parents / caregivers are expected provide at least the following level of support to the Group:
- undertake their turn on the cleaning roster (usually 1, at most 2 times a year, c. 1 hour)
- support at least one fundraising event (attendance, contribution of materials, admin)
More ways to get involved
As you can imagine, there are so many ways you can help out, it’d be impossible to list them all, however, the following may give you some ideas:
- leverage your skills and experience to support instruction for badges
- come along to a camp, or other outdoor activity
- take up an officers position on the committee
- use your contacts to secure sponsorship (cash and in-kind) support