We had a busy weekend in Hastings with 13 Scouts, 3 leaders and 1 parent helper making the journey to Hastings.
Saturday was a day full of learning activities:
- Fire building/Lighting and axe safety
- Tent Pitching (Centre pole)
- Find your way – GPS, Map and Compass
- Food Safety/Hygiene/Menu planning
- How to storm lash tents
- Gas Safety
- Tent Pitching (continental)
- Lashings and chariot racing
The rest of the weekend was putting the new skills we learnt to the test!! With the main focus on FUN.
We had a full on weekend, once again our youth showing dedication and outstanding hardwork. When we returned home everyone was ready for bed!!